Saturday, January 1, 2011

November and December

These last two months have been very exciting for our family. We found out we're having a girl, we started working on the nursery, and I got a job! We have so much to be thankful for :)

November 4th started out at 4 in the morning for me. I was so excited to find out what we were having, I could not sleep anymore. Brandon and I had to wait until 1 pm for the appointment, it seemed like the longest day of my life!
 
When the ultrasound got started, we found out I have complete placenta previa. That means the placenta is completely covering my cervix/birth canal instead of being at the top of my uterus. I was told there was nothing really to worry about; my doctor just wanted me on pelvic rest until my next ultrasound on January 14th. Pelvic rest would help prevent any contractions or bleeding that might trigger preterm labor. We were a little worried with the discovery, but when we found out we are having a baby girl, and that she is completely healthy and growing normally, we were overcome with excitement and joy! Kyla Loren McCuistion, we are so excited to meet you!

After our ultrasound was over, we headed over to Babies R Us to start the registry and get ideas on how to decorate the nursery. It was so much fun, especially with Brandon being so excited with me :)

Here is the crib Grandma Nancy got for Kyla, it's gorgeous!

Here is the bedding set that Brandon picked out, and Grandma Sandi got for the baby, it's so cute!
A while ago, we decided on a neutral jungle theme, but Brandon spotted this bedding and loved it :) I thought we could still incorporate some girly jungle stuff like this


There are so many adorable things to choose from! I am hoping to save enough money to buy this amazingly comfy glider

We are making an old dresser that Brandon's grandpa gave us into a changing table and it has been a lot of fun picking out clothes and accessories like cute tights and head bands. I'm going to have so much fun dressing her up every day! 

We have been so blessed by how God has provided for us this past year. It has been really hard financially and we were a little concerned when we got pregnant a lot quicker than expected, but the Lord has provided everything we've needed. We received a huge answer to prayer in the middle of November, when I got hired as a Medical Transcriptionist for a woman who owns her own transcription business in Montana. Even though the income is a lower than we were hoping, it's still flexible hours and having my foot in the door with a challenging career to get started in. I feel so blessed! 

The job was perfect timing, especially as after Thanksgiving, I was put on modified bed rest by my doctor.  I can totally still work from the couch! :) I had my first bad (and scary!) contraction on the night of Thanksgiving, and since then I've had to keep my feet up as much as I can. The doctor discovered my gastrointestinal disease has been the main cause of bad contractions and painful cramping. My management has not been very easy with most of my medications and holistic stuff off limits during pregnancy. To say the least, it's been a challenging two months! My doctor says that if the placenta has moved enough by my next ultrasound on January 14th, my restrictions will be lifted. If it hasn't changed by my 32 week ultrasound, I'll be admitted to the hospital at the beginning of March, and ride out the rest of my pregnancy on complete bed rest there. 

Brandon has been such a huge help and I'm reminded daily how amazing of a husband I have. My mom, mom-in-law and sister have also been so wonderful with coming over to help with housework and just keep me company. 

So this is my office, my day-time bed, and my snuggle buddy, Kate. She's so sweet to keep me company all the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment